Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Must Eat Food in Malacca

I had my Malacca trip with boyfie and friends during my semester 2 break last year, and I'm hereby so excited to share with you guys what nice food you should try when you go to Malacca!


1) Jonker88
You must try their laksa, no joke. They offer variety of nyonya laksa and I've tried like 3-4 different types of laksa, and they are all suprisingly yummeehhhh to the max! The aroma is super tempting. Once you put them into your mouth, OMG I don't know how to describe the taste wtf, it's just too good T__T Oh yea, you can try their cendol too! A bowl of laksa that comes with cendol is just too perfect under the hot weather.

*TIPS: Get your seat first before you order! Queing without  having a seat will end you up holding your food and standing there waiting people finish their food.


Address: No.88, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka.
GPS Coordinator: N2 11.738 E102 14.864
Operating Hours: 10am - 6pm (Daily), 10am - 10pm (Saturday)


2) Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball
I tell you their chicken rice ball is also no joke. Freaking tasty! I can say it out loud that Hoe Kee (known as 和记) and Famosa (古城) can't beat Chung Wah's chicken rice ball. I've tried 3 of these restaurants, Chung Wah's rice ball is super soft and sticky, unlike Hoe Kee's and Famosa's which are rather hard, their rice ball will split into half once you eat it and I considered this is not a good chicken rice ball. Therefore, I highly recommend Chung Wah!

*TIPS: Be there earlier, if not there will be a long queue around 9:30am.


Address: 18, Jalan Hang Jebat, Melaka.
GPS Coordinator: N2 11.697 E102 14.909
Operating Hours: 7:30am – 3pm daily


3) San Shu Gong
Their durian cendol is relatively pricey for me but it definitely worths a try! I've tried Jonker88's durian cendol but I prefer San Shu Gong because their durian fragrance is strong enough for a durian lover like me! The environment is also quite comfy cause it's air-conditioning haha! You can also buy souvenirs there! (;




Address: 33, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka.
Operating Hours: 10am - 10pm daily


4) Nadeje
Their mille crepe cakes are well-known in Malacca! Not only their cakes are delicious, their main courses are not bad too! Their carbonara spaghetti is what I want to recommend as well! The taste is heavenly good and rich! Awww I'm craving for it now, damn.

*TIPS: Original and cheese flavour are recommended.









Nadeje Plaza Mahkota
Address: G-23,25 & 27, Jalan PM 4, Plaza Mahkota, 75000 Melaka.
Operating Hours: 11am - 10pm daily

Nadeje Mahkota Parade
Address: G-23B, EG4 & EG5, Ground Floor, Mahkota Parade, 75000 Melaka.
Operating Hours: 11am - 10pm daily


5) Durian Puff
I forgot what is the name of the shop but I think it's located at the corner if I'm not mistaken. You can see banner promoting their durian puffs so don't worry you can't find it! I bought this as souvenir for my family and they cleared it once I got back home HAHA!


 6) Unknown Little Stall
We had 3 days and 2 nights for our Malacca trip, so when it comes to the third day, we just simply strolling around those little street in the morning and we accidentally found a small stall selling mee. I had their 老鼠粉 and it's simply nice! If I'm not mistaken, it was cooked by two ladies, an old and a young one. There is also a man selling beverage. I'm not sure where they located but it's in jonker street.


7) Pak Putra Naan and Tandori Restaurant
We had their naan and tandori as our supper after the night market. Their tandori is so tender and I highly recommend it! Their naan are tasty too!

*TIPS: No television or projector to watch football :(

Address: Jalan Laksamana 4, Melaka.
Operating Hours: 5:30pm - 1am (closed on Monday)


# Ban Lee Siang Satay Celup
Since everyone saying that satay celup is famous in Malacca, so we wanna have a try on it! When we cycled to Restaurant Capitol Satay Celup, it was closed! So we had no choice to cycle to Ban Lee Siang and it was  raining that night, so we considered that dinner is the most arduous one, LOL. The result was out of my expectation, I think it's just a normal satay celup and nothing new to me. The sauce is not rich also, ahh nothing to talk bout, just so-so. Oh yea, and they just refill the sauce when there are new customers, it considered quite 'dirty' to me cause who knows is there any saliva inside the sauce wtf.

Address: 45E Jalan Ong Kim Wee, Melaka.
Operating Hours: 5:30pm - 12:30am (closed on Tuesday)


So these are the nice food that I think you should have a try when you head to Malacca! Sharing is caring, hope this post helps! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...